NOTE: Due to restrictions introduced because of the COVID-19 pandemic the rules are currently operating in modified form.
A competition to decide the best print & digital photograph for the year as determined by the club membership
- Open to paid-up club members only
- The competition will incorporate 2 separate contests for:
- Prints (Members choice award – print)
- Digital images (Members choice award – digital)
- A single competition a year held in September
- There will be eight monthly league competitions in the club year, between October and June.
- Each member may submit a maximum of two prints & two digital photographs
- Entries should be as anonymous as practical
- Any photograph may be submitted except those used in internal club competitions prior to the current season. This includes modified versions of previously submitted photographs and digital versions of photographs submitted as prints.
- Photographs submitted to this competition can not be used in future internal competitions either as is, modified or on alternate media
- The club may use images entered into internal competitions for its publicity material, on its website and in external inter club competitions. The club will not use such images for revenue generation and copyright will remain with the photographer. If you are not happy to have your work used in this way please inform the Competition Secretary at the time of submission by e-mail at address email@example.com
- All members of the club on the date of competition are eligible to judge the competition entries and provide scoring
- Members will award each photograph they are eligible to judge a score between 1 and 5 inclusive. A higher numeric score value indicates a more preferred photograph. Whole points only are allowed.
- Each member must provide a score for every photograph that they did not submit
- In the event multiple photographs are awarded the same average score the number of maximum scores awarded will be used to determine the higher placed photograph.
- Prints may be of any size up to the maximum mounting board size.
- All prints should be mounted on card up to 50 x 40 cm in size (but no larger than this)
- The photographers membership number, photograph title and display orientation indicator (if required) should be recorded on the reverse of the print mount.
- Digital entries should be no more than 1600 pixels wide or 1200 pixels high, in JPEG format and the sRGB colour space.
- Digital entry file names should be structured as: Sequence Number_Title_ Member Number.jpg The 3 parts being separated by underscores. For example “2_Landscape at Brecon_177.jpg” indicates an image titled “Landscape at Brecon” by member 177 and is the second of their entries to be displayed
- If the total number of entries in the competition is deemed by the Competition Secretary to be more than could be reasonably be expected to consider, he/she may reduce the entry from each member. The sequence number will be used to indicate the member’s order of preference. Photographs with a high preference number are most likely to be removed.
- Digital entries must be sent to the competition secretary by e-mail at address firstname.lastname@example.org
- All entries must be with the competition secretary no later that 2 weeks prior to the competition date