NOTE: Due to social restrictions introduced because of the COVID-19 pandemic the rules are currently operating in modified form.
- Open to paid-up club members only
- The competition will incorporate 2 separate contests for:
- Print photograph of the year (Prints)
- Digital photograph of the year (Digital)
- All members will compete in a single competition
- The competition will be held in September (following the completion of the Photographer of the year contest)
- Only photographs previously submitted for the current seasons Photographer of the year competition are eligible. That is, photographs entered into the monthly league competition held between October and June preceding this competition.
- Entries may be modified versions of those submitted for the Photographer of the year competition.
- Each member may submit a maximum of 2 entries for the digital competition
- Each member may submit a maximum of 2 entries for the print competition
- The club may use the photographs entered into internal competitions for its publicity material, on its website and in external inter club competitions. The club will not use such images for revenue generation and copyright will remain with the photographer. If you are not happy to have your work used in this way please inform the Competition Secretary at the time of submission by e-mail at address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photographs will be scored out of 20 marks by an external judge (not associated with the club)
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd places will be awarded for the photographs submitted in each competition (print & digital)
- Prints may be of any size up to the maximum mounting board size.
- All prints should be mounted on card up to 50 x 40 cm in size (but no larger than this)
- The photographers membership number, photograph title and display orientation indicator (if required) should be recorded on the reverse of the print mount.
- Digital entries should be no more than 1600 pixels wide or 1200 pixels high, in JPEG format and the sRGB colour space.
- Digital entry file names should be structured as: Sequence Number_Title_ Member Number.jpg The 3 parts being separated by underscores. For example “2_Landscape at Brecon_177.jpg” indicates an image titled “Landscape at Brecon” by member 177 and is the second of their entries to be displayed
- If the total number of entries in the competition is deemed by the Competition Secretary to be more than the judge could be reasonably expected to consider, he/she may reduce the entry from each member. The sequence number will be used to indicate the member’s order of preference. Photographs with a high preference number are most likely to be removed.
- Digital entries must be sent to the competition secretary by e-mail at address email@example.com
- All entries must be with the competition secretary no later that 2 weeks prior to the competition date