Thank you for visiting the official homepage of Cardiff Camera Club. Our club was founded in 1896 and is one of the oldest in Wales. Whilst we are very proud of our heritage we also keep bang up to date with all that modern photography has to offer. Take a look at our blog posts to see what the club has been doing recently.
Cardiff Camera Club is 125 years old this year and to celebrate we hosted a photographic competition “My Wales” offering cash prizes to the 3 most popular photographs. We had a great response – click on the button below to see the winning photographs.
Unfortunately, due to the current Covid-19 restrictions, we are unable to meet in our clubroom. We remain active as a club however, and are continuing to meet on a regular basis using video conferencing & outdoors (when permitted). With the use of video conferencing we have been able to enjoy presentations from expert speakers from across the UK. In addition, our Photographer of the Year competition and other events continue.
- 2021 Exhibition OpensEvery year the club holds a print photograph exhibition open to the public to showcase work from all our members. Despite the difficulties presented by the COVID-19 pandemic we were … Continue reading “2021 Exhibition Opens”
- Across the barrageClub members were out and about again. This time exploring opportunities to make photographs from the Cardiff Bay Barrage. Despite the dreich weather a good time was had and after … Continue reading “Across the barrage”
- My Wales concludesOur fun “My Wales” competition to celebrate 125 years of Cardiff Camera Club came to an end yesterday (12-AUG-2020). During a live online video conference our President, Dean Pine, announced … Continue reading “My Wales concludes”
- Portraits in the parkMaking the most of the long summer nights last Thursday (22nd July 2021) a small group of Camera Club members including Trevor Jeff, Jen, Dean, Cara, Necia and Gwynn met … Continue reading “Portraits in the park”
- Dipping your toe in the waterThe club organised a meeting at Cosmeston Lakes Country Park last Thursday (8th July 2021). Another chance to meet, chat and even make a few photographs. If club membership is … Continue reading “Dipping your toe in the water”
Financially support the club (Shopping at Amazon)
If you are shopping at Amazon you can help support our club financially by using the button below. We participate in the Amazon affiliate programme so whenever you make a purchase using the link below the club will receive a small but useful payment. There is no additional charge to you for doing this. Thanks in advance.