Thank you for visiting the official homepage of Cardiff Camera Club. Our club was founded in 1896 and is one of the oldest in Wales. Whilst we are very proud of our heritage we also keep bang up to date with all that modern photography has to offer. Take a look at our blog posts to see what the club has been doing recently.
Cardiff Camera Club is 125 years old this year and to celebrate we are hosting a photographic competition “My Wales” offering cash prizes to the 3 most popular photographs. If you are a member of a WPF affiliated club and are interested in taking part have a look at our dedicated competition page.
Unfortunately, due to the current Covid-19 restrictions, we are unable to meet in our clubroom. We remain active as a club however, and are continuing to meet on a regular basis using video conferencing & outdoors (when permitted). With the use of video conferencing we have been able to enjoy presentations from expert speakers from across the UK. In addition, our Photographer of the Year competition and other events continue.
- Portraits in the parkMaking the most of the long summer nights last Thursday (22nd July 2021) a small group of Camera Club members including Trevor Jeff, Jen, Dean, Cara, Necia and Gwynn met … Continue reading “Portraits in the park”
- Dipping your toe in the waterThe club organised a meeting at Cosmeston Lakes Country Park last Thursday (8th July 2021). Another chance to meet, chat and even make a few photographs. If club membership is … Continue reading “Dipping your toe in the water”
- The results are inOur 2020/21 season Photographer of the year league competition has now concluded. Due to the social restrictions associated with COVID-19 pandemic the competition could not take place in its normal … Continue reading “The results are in”
- Final roundThe final round of the 2020/21 Photographer of the year league contest took place yesterday (24th June 2021), judged by Diane Seddon ARPS AFIAP CPAGB BPE3* A good range of … Continue reading “Final round”
- The picnic that wasn’tThe committee was thinking about the programme in these transitional times from lockdown, and decided we are ‘Zoomed Out’! And in June, the weather is good, isn’t it? So we … Continue reading “The picnic that wasn’t”
Financially support the club (Shopping at Amazon)
If you are shopping at Amazon you can help support our club financially by using the button below. We participate in the Amazon affiliate programme so whenever you make a purchase using the link below the club will receive a small but useful payment. There is no additional charge to you for doing this. Thanks in advance.